How to make Beans melara
1) Wash and cut beans, carrot and transfer into pressure cooker. Add chopped onion, green chillies to the same.
2) Add 1tsp rock salt and pour enough water so that all the veggies get soaked inside.
3) Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Set aside to release pressure.
4) Meanwhile take coconut in a mixer jar, pour some water and grind well to for a smooth thick paste.
5) Transfer the paste into a vessel.
6) Add sour buttermilk. If not sour, add little more. You can also add curd instead.
7) Now open the cooker lid and transfer cooked veggies into the same vessel along with cooked water.
8) Care must be taken to ensure not to pour excess cooked water. This will dilute the curry. So be careful here.
9) Add 3/4tsp rock salt, combine everything well and bring it to boil.
10) Switch off the flame and cover a lid over the vessel.
11) Take unsalted butter in a seasoning pan, melt it over the simmer flame.
12) Wait for few seconds to melt the butter and thus forms ghee.
13) Add mustard seeds, broken red chilli into the pan as soon as the butter crackling sound stops.
14) Add curry leaves once the mustard seeds splutter, switch off the flame and pour it into the vessel. Close the lid immediately to absorb the flavour.
15) Serve with rice or dosa and enjoy.
– Sowmya Rohit
‘Mamma’s secret’ Youtube Channel